DiOC6(3) (3,3′-Dihexyloxacarbocyanine,iodide) is a green fluorescent membrane dye that has been used to stain the ER in both live and fixed cells (1,2). The dye has also been used to study structural interactions and dynamics of the ER in neurons (3,4) and yeast (5). In addition, the dye is widely used as a membrane potential dye (6).
- λEx/λEm (MeOH) = 484/501 nm
- Orange solid soluble in DMSO or DMF
- Store at 4°C and protect from light, especially in solution
- MW: 572.53
1. J Cell Biol 103, 1557 (1986).
2. Cell 38, 101 (1984).
3. J Cell Biol 127, 1021 (1994).
4. Nature, 310, 53 (1984).
5. Cell Motil Cytoskel 25, 111 (1993).
Shipment Method: Shipping and handling methods will be assessed and calculated at time of shipment based upon item(s) storage temperature conditions.
Expedited shipment may be requested at time of checkout.
Please note that products with recommended storage at 4°C or -20°C may ship at ambient temperature. This will not affect product performance. When you receive the product, place it under the recommended storage conditions.
More information about product handling and shelf life