Tetrabromorhodamine 123 can be used to generate singlet oxygen (1O2) in mitochondrial membranes (1,2). The dye has a quantum yield for singlet oxygen generation of 0.65-0.7 and is particularly toxic to carcinoma cells.3
- λEx/λ Em(MeOH) = 524/550 nm
- λµ (MeOH) = 91,000
- Orange red solid soluble in DMSO or DMF
- Store at 4°C and protect from light, especially in solution
- MW: 740.86
Compatible with the NucleoCounter® NC-3000™
1. Photochem Photobiol 55, 81 (1992).
2. Proc SPIE 997, 48 (1988).
3. Cancer Res 49, 3961 (1989).
Shipment Method: Shipping and handling methods will be assessed and calculated at time of shipment based upon item(s) storage temperature conditions.
Expedited shipment may be requested at time of checkout.
Please note that products with recommended storage at 4°C or -20°C may ship at ambient temperature. This will not affect product performance. When you receive the product, place it under the recommended storage conditions.
More information about product handling and shelf life