This kit provides a two-color fluorescence staining on both live bacteria (green) and dead bacteria (red) using two probes DMAO and EthD-III. DMAO is a green-fluorescent nucleic acid dye which stains both live and dead bacteria with intact and damaged cell membranes. EthD-III is a red-fluorescent nucleic acid dye that only stains dead bacteria with damaged cell membranes. With an appropriate mixture of DMAO and EthD-III, bacteria with intact cell membranes stain fluorescent green, whereas bacteria with damaged cell membranes stain fluorescent red. The kit is suitable for use with fluorescence microscopes and flow cytometers. The assay principles are general and applicable to most bacteria types.
- 2 vials (100 uL/vial): DMAO, 5 mM
- 2 vials (150 uL/vial): Ethidium Homodimer-III (EthD-III), 2 mM
- Dual Detection: Detect live and dead bacteria cells in a cell population simultaneously
- Simple & Fast: 15 min dye loading and measure without washing
- Economic: Perform viability and cytotoxicity assays at the same time
- Versatile: Analysis compatible with flow cytometers and fluorescence microscopes using popular settings for fluorescein and propidium iodide.