7-AAD is a fluorescent DNA intercalator, which upon binding to dsDNA can be excited by the argon-ion laser and emits at 647 nm (1-3). 7-AAD binds selectively to GC regions of DNA, which makes the dye useful for chromosome banding studies (4).
- λEx/λ Em(DNA) = 546/647 nm
- Orange red solid soluble in DMF or DMSO
- Store at -20°C and protect from light, especially in solution
- MW: 1270.45
Compatible with the NucleoCounter® NC-3000™
1. Exp Parasitol 97, 141 (2001).
2. Br J Haematol 104, 530 (1990).
3. Cytometry 12, 221 (1991).
4. Chromosoma 68, 287 (1978).
Shipment Method: Shipping and handling methods will be assessed and calculated at time of shipment based upon item(s) storage temperature conditions.
Expedited shipment may be requested at time of checkout.
Please note that products will be shipped at ambient temperature. This will not affect performance if the products are kept at the indicated temperature for long term storage. Please refer to the package insert for correct storage conditions.
More information about product handling and shelf life