Ac-DEVD-AMC is a fluorogenic substrate for caspase 3 and can be used to continuously measure the activity of caspase-3 in cell extracts, using a fluorometer or fluorescence microplate reader. For real-time detection of caspase-3 activity in intact cells, see our novel NucView™488 Caspase-3 Assay Kit.
- λEx/λEm of substrate = 330/390 nm (weak fluorescence)
- λEx/λEm of end product (AMC) = 342/441 nm (strong fluorescence)
- Off-white solid soluble in DMSO
- MW: 675.74
1. Anal Biochem 292, 313 (2001).
2. Biochemistry 39, 16056 (2000).
3. Br J Pharmacol 129, 1673 (2000).
4. J Biol Chem 275, 21094 (2000).
Shipment Method: Shipping and handling methods will be assessed and calculated at time of shipment based upon item(s) storage temperature conditions.
Expedited shipment may be requested at time of checkout.
Please note that products will be shipped at ambient temperature. This will not affect performance if the products are kept at the indicated temperature for long term storage. Please refer to the package insert for correct storage conditions.
More information about product handling and shelf life