Green fluorescent FITC Annexin V can be used to detect apoptotic cells. The human anticoagulant Annexin V is a 35-36 kilodalton, calcium-dependent phospholipid-binding protein with high affinity for phosphatidylserine (PS). In normal viable cells, PS is located on the inner leaflet of the cytoplasmic membrane. In apoptotic cells, however, PS is translocated from the inner to the outer leaflet of the plasma membrane, where it can be detected by fluorescently labeled Annexin V.
- λEx/λEm (pH 7) = 494/518 nm
- Yellow solution
- Store at 4°C and protect from light
Compatible with the NucleoCounter® NC-3000™
1. J Neurochemistry (2011) doi: 10.1111/j.1471-4159.2011.07303.x
2. Immunol Lett (2010) doi:10.1016/j.imlet.2010.09.003
3. Immunobiology (2010) doi:10.1016/j.imbio.2011.03.013
4. Cytometry 43, 134 (2001).
5. J Immunol Metho 184, 39 (1995).
6. Blood 84, 1415 (1994).
7. Biosci. Rep. 7, 289 (1987).
8. FEBS Lett. 203, 99 (1986).
MSDS (PDF): MSDS 29001
Protocol (PDF): PI-Annexin V
Shipment Method: Shipping and handling methods will be assessed and calculated at time of shipment based upon item(s) storage temperature conditions.
Expedited shipment may be requested at time of checkout.
Please note that products will be shipped at ambient temperature. This will not affect performance if the products are kept at the indicated temperature for long term storage. Please refer to the package insert for correct storage conditions.
More information about product handling and shelf life