RedDot™2 is a far-red cell membrane-impermeable nuclear dye similar to Draq7™. The dye is ideal for specifically staining the nuclei of dead cells with minimal cytoplasmic RNA staining. RedDot™2 provides excellent nuclear counterstaining in fixed and permeabilized cells and tissue sections without the need for RNase treatment to remove cytoplasmic RNA. The dye is highly thermostable and photostable, providing convenient handling and ideal for demanding applications such as confocal microscopy. RedDot™2 also has been used for cell number normalization for near-infrared In Cell Western™ (see reference 5). Please also see RedDot™1 (catalog no. 40060), a spectrally similar dye designed for specific nuclear staining of live cells. In Cell Western is a trademark of LI-COR Biosciences.
Compatible with the NucleoCounter® NC-3000™
1. Environ Mol Mutagen (2013) doi: 10.1002/em.21817
2. PLoS Pathog (2013) doi:10.1371/journal.ppat.1003437
3. BMC Evolutionary Biology 13, 230 (2013)
4. Journal of International Society for Advancement of Cytometry (2013) doi: 10.1002/cyto.a.22410
5. PLoS ONE (2013) doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0077157
6. Journal of Biomedical Materials Research: Part A (2014), doi: 10.1002/jbm.a.35352
7. Cellular Microbiol. (2014), doi: 10.1111/cmi.12375
8. The Journal of Comparative Neurology Research in Systems Neuroscience (2015), doi: 10.1002/cne.23767
Shipment Method: Shipping and handling methods will be assessed and calculated at time of shipment based upon item(s) storage temperature conditions.
Expedited shipment may be requested at time of checkout.
Please note that products will be shipped at ambient temperature. This will not affect performance if the products are kept at the indicated temperature for long term storage. Please refer to the package insert for correct storage conditions.
More information about product handling and shelf life