Alternate name: BCIG X-GlcU (5-Bromo-4-chloro-3-indolyl-β-D-glucuronide, cyclohexylammonium salt) is a chromogenic β-glucuronidase substrate widely used for monitoring E. coli contamination in food (such as meat, dairy products and shellfish, etc) and water, and for the detection of GUS gene expression in plants. X-GlcU also has clinical applications in the assessment of urinary tract infection by detecting the presence of E. coli. The substrate yields a dark blue (λmax 615 nm) precipitate after enzymatic hydrolysis.
- White solid soluble in water or DMSO
- Store desiccated at -20°C and protect from light
- MW: 521.8
1. J Food Protect 53(6), 508 (1990).
2. Appl Environ Microbiol 54, 1874 (1988).
3. J Clin Microbiol 27(4), 778 (1989).
4. Plant Cell Reports 13(1), 17 (1993).
5. J Am Soc Horticult Sci 115(4), 686 (1990).
Shipment Method: Shipping and handling methods will be assessed and calculated at time of shipment based upon item(s) storage temperature conditions.
Expedited shipment may be requested at time of checkout.
Please note that products will be shipped at ambient temperature. This will not affect performance if the products are kept at the indicated temperature for long term storage. Please refer to the package insert for correct storage conditions.
More information about product handling and shelf life