XTT (2,3-Bis-(2-Methoxy-4-nitro-5-sulfophenyl)-2H-tetrazolium-5-carboxanilide, disodium salt) is a tetrazolium derivative used widely in cell viability and proliferation testing. The material is readily reduced in viable cells to a highly water-soluble orange colored product (λ= 475 nm). Applications of the reagent include studies of antifungal susceptibility, drug sensitivity of cells, parasitic nematode viability and tumor cell cytotoxicity. Please also see our XTT Cell Proliferation Assay Kit.
- Pale yellow solid soluble in water
- Store desiccated at 4°C
- MW: 675
Compatible with the NucleoCounter® NC-3000™
1. European Journal of Pharmacology (2010) doi:10.1016/j.ejphar.2010.06.029
2. Toxicology in Vitro (2009) doi:10.1016/j.tiv.2009.07.01
3. Parasitology 107, 175 (1993).
4. J Immunol Meth 147, 153 (1992).
5. Antimicrob Agents Chemother 36, 1619 (1992).
6. Cancer Res 48, 4827 (1988).
Shipment Method: Shipping and handling methods will be assessed and calculated at time of shipment based upon item(s) storage temperature conditions.
Expedited shipment may be requested at time of checkout.
Please note that products will be shipped at ambient temperature. This will not affect performance if the products are kept at the indicated temperature for long term storage. Please refer to the package insert for correct storage conditions.
More information about product handling and shelf life